3. We’re going to listen to a story of a scam which shocked the classical music industry in the 2000s.
a. First, what do you know about classical piano music?
- Have you ever taken piano lessons?
- How many composers of piano music can you name?
- How many classical pianists can you name?
- Can you name any examples of pieces of music for piano solo, or for piano and orchestra?
- Who wrote the most difficult piano music?
- What’s the difference between a recital, a concert and a performance?
Click here for answers.
b. Listen to the first part of the video.
- How is the scam described?
- What three synonyms for ‘scam’ are used in the clip?