- Conversation lesson at B2 level.
- Listening to two contrasting monologues and identifying the speakers’ viewpoints.
- Practice of 2nd conditional (students need to know this already, before the lesson).
- Vocabulary: “just because… doesn’t mean” and “…has nothing to do with…”.
1. Make questions to ask each other, using would and simple past tense
Example: If you / win / a million dollars, what / buy / first? = If you won a million dollars, what would you buy first?
a. If you / be / the leader of your country, what would you try to do first?
b. If you could have a free house or apartment in any place in the world, where / have your home, and would it be a house or apartment?
c. If you / have / to eat the same dinner every day for the rest of your life, what / choose for that dinner?
d. If you didn’t need to work for money, how / spend / your days?