4. Let’s listen to a bit more of the video
- How does Margaret describe her home?
- How does she disagree with many of the people who visit her home?
Here is part of Margaret’s description of the cottage:
Historians describe it as a representation of vernacular architecture, but I just describe it as home.
- Which word here means “created by ordinary people for everyday purposes”?
- How would historians describe the building where you live?
- Are there any examples of preserved vernacular architecture (from previous centuries) near where you live? What are they used for?