- Speaking about the effects of foods on the body
- Vocabulary to describe symptoms and causes of illnesses
- Listening for overall meaning and for detail
- Reading and understanding a long text about historical food-related diseases
a. Are there any foods you can’t or don’t eat?
b. Thinking of people you know, what foods do those people exclude from their diet, and why?
c. How easy is it in your country or region to find:
- vegetarian and vegan food?
- café food that’s safe to eat if you have an allergy? (e.g. nuts; gluten; dairy)
- supermarket food that caters to different religious requirements? (e.g. kosher; halal)