3. Think and Speak
a. You can interrupt in a direct way or a polite way.
In which of these situations do we need to focus on interrupting politely? In which situations should we be more direct?
- (1) Another person is speaking. You would like to add another point to the same topic.
- (2) Someone made a mistake with an important number.
- (3) You are leading the meeting. Someone is talking too much.
- (4) Someone said something that you didn’t like.
- (5) The discussion is interesting but it’s going off-topic.
- (6) The CEO is telling customers about your project and makes a mistake with an important number. You are the only person who knows the correct number.
b. Make pairs.
c. Now switch roles and let’s do the same thing.