You’re going to practice interrupting. To do this, we need you to follow these instructions:
- One person (Person A) starts to talk about one of the topics in the list below.
- Another person (Person B) picks a card from the set below and uses this word and other words to interrupt in a meaningful and suitable way.
Topics for Person A:
- Dogs or cats: which are better and why?
- One thing we can all do to help the environment is…
- Does success depend more on talent, hard work, or luck?
- How much of the news (on TV and in print) is fake news?
- What’s the best way to travel: car, plane, train – and why?
Cards for Person B:
Acknowledgements and Further Practice
The main image is by mohamed_hassan at Pixabay.